Good vision is essential for living your best life.
Check out the articles below for the latest news on glaucoma, cataracts and more.
As one of Maryland’s top ophthalmic surgeons with a subspecialty in cataract and glaucoma disease, Dr. Boles leads the Anne Arundel Eye Center, a state-of-the-art treatment center offering complete ophthalmic exams as well as diagnostic surgical eye care.
The LenSx Laser offers significant improvement of precision, safety, and accuracy for even better results. It’s the most technologically advanced option for cataract surgery today. Read more in this article.
This article answers some FAQs about Diabetic Retinopathy, the most common diabetic eye disease and the leading cause of blindness in American adults.
Although every person is at risk for glaucoma, some factors may increase that risk. Read more about those factors.
Did you know that almost half of adults will develop cataracts by age 80 and that cataracts are the leading cause of visual loss in adults 65 and older? Learn more about cataracts here.
Dry eye occurs when there is insufficient tear production or poor tear quality. This article by Dr. Boles describes reasons and treatment options.
When you think of seeing an eye doctor, it is easy to get confused as to the differences between optometrists and ophthalmologists.Let Dr. Boles help you decide which type of eye doctors is right for you.
Out in the Community
Dr. Boles takes great pride in supporting a variety of organizations and programs within the surrounding community, including:
- Addressing Anne Arundel Community College’s graduating medical class for medical assistant programs
- Participating in Heritage Harbour Health Group
- Discussing community involvement with Ophthalmologists’ and Optometrists as a guest of the US Naval Academy
- Giving educational seminars at the Wiley H. Bates Heritage Park Residence for the Elderly
- Supporting continuing education under COPE via educational presentations for Optometrists
- Offering free screening programs to assist in the detection and prevention of Glaucoma and Cataracts