Good vision is essential for living your best life.
Check out the articles below for the latest news on glaucoma, cataracts and more.
The LenSx Laser offers significant improvement of precision, safety, and accuracy for even better results. It’s the most technologically advanced option for cataract surgery today. Read more in this article.
Cataract surgery has the highest success rate of any surgery practiced today. Still, many patients develop what is known as Posterior Capsule Opacification (PCO), or an After Cataract. Learn more about this condition.
Narrow angle glaucoma, also referred to as acute glaucoma or angle closure glaucoma, is one of the rarer forms of glaucoma, and affects nearly 500,000 Americans. Read more.
This article answers some FAQs about Diabetic Retinopathy, the most common diabetic eye disease and the leading cause of blindness in American adults.
Dry eye occurs when there is insufficient tear production or poor tear quality. This article by Dr. Boles describes reasons and treatment options.
Out in the Community
Dr. Boles takes great pride in supporting a variety of organizations and programs within the surrounding community, including:
- Addressing Anne Arundel Community College’s graduating medical class for medical assistant programs
- Participating in Heritage Harbour Health Group
- Discussing community involvement with Ophthalmologists’ and Optometrists as a guest of the US Naval Academy
- Giving educational seminars at the Wiley H. Bates Heritage Park Residence for the Elderly
- Supporting continuing education under COPE via educational presentations for Optometrists
- Offering free screening programs to assist in the detection and prevention of Glaucoma and Cataracts