While Anne Arundel Eye Center is seeing emergency and urgent cases for in-person appointments, the majority of traditional office visits can instead take place from the safety and comfort of your home via a Telehealth appointment. Please call us at 410-224-2010 to schedule the best option for your situation.
Telehealth visits are approved by Medicare and commercial insurance plans just like an office visit. If you are interested in a Telehealth visit, please fill out this Telehealth request form and we will follow up with you within 2 business days. Telehealth visits can be used to schedule/reschedule routine visits or for one of the following purposes:
• Surgical Follow Up
• Blurry vision
• Itching/burning eyes
• Flashes or floaters in vision
• Swollen eyelid/stye
• Eye pain
• Red eye
• Other eye issues
If you are coming for an in-person office visit, here are some precautions we are taking for your protection:
- Pre-screening patients and staff by a wellness nurse for any signs of symptoms including temperature checks with contactless thermometer
- All patients and staff must wear a face mask
- Only one patient allowed at a time with no additional guests
- Continue to sterilize and disinfect surfaces and equipment between each patient
- Maintain 6 feet distance between all patients and staff
- Revised check-in process
- Patients only have contact with essential staff
- Limited schedule of appointments until normal operations can resume
Our new appointment check-in process includes the following steps:
- Once you arrive, you will give us a call to notify us that you’ve arrived. We will then call you back when it safe for to enter the building
- You will be greeted by a wellness nurse who will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer and escort you to our office.
We will continue to modify these procedures as precautions are adjusted by the CDC. Thank you for trusting us with your eyes.