Located in Annapolis, Maryland, Anne Arundel Eye Center (AAEC) is a regional leader in both the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma and cataracts. Not only does AAEC Offer a wide range of advanced procedures to improve and preserve your vision, but Board Certified Dr. Samuel Boles and the rest of the staff are also passionate about educating patients and their families about the various eye diseases or eye conditions they may be afflicted with.
Meet the AAEC Doctors
Dr. Samuel Boles is both a board-certified ophthalmologist and AAEC’s founder. Dr. Boles received his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia and completed his post-doctoral training including (1) an internship at a Yale affiliated hospital, (2) a cornea research fellowship at a Harvard affiliated laboratory, (3) ophthalmology residency at George Washington Universities, and (4) glaucoma fellowship at The University of California San Diego (UCSD). Dr. Boles is also very active in the community, supporting a variety of organizations and programs, including:
• Founding the Glaucoma Co-Management Roundtable to improve patient care through better communication and education.
• Serving as a Board Member of the Polakoff Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the community awareness and fight of Glaucoma, and the Maryland Society for Sight.
• Addressing Anne Arundel Community College’s graduating medical class for medical assistant programs.
• Participating in Heritage Harbour Health Group.
• Giving educational seminars at the Wiley H. Bates Heritage Park Residence for the Elderly.
• Supporting continuing education under COPE via educational presentations for Optometrists.
• Offering free screening programs to assist in the detection and prevention of Glaucoma and Cataracts.
Dr. Nathan Frank is a consultative optometrist who received his doctorate in optometry at Pacific University and completed his optometric residency with Seidenberg and Protzko Eye Associates. Dr. Frank is a member of the Maryland Optometric Association, the American Optometric Association, and the Optometric Nutrition Society. As part of his training, Dr. Frank held clinical externships at Alaska Eye Care Center, Alaska; Pacific University College of Optometry, Oregon; Fort Washakie Indian Health Services, Wyoming; and Eyes of Arizona, Arizona.
If you’re seeking treatment for glaucoma or cataracts, AAEC’s state-of-the-art treatment center can meet all your eye care needs. From office consultations to pre-op testing and post-op care, you can be assured you’re in expert hands.
If you have any questions about what you have just read or if you would like to learn more about AAEC’s glaucoma and cataracts treatment options, please contact board certified ophthalmologist Samuel Boles and the eye care specialists at Anne Arundel Eye Center by calling 410-224-2010 or click here to visit AnneArundelEyeCenter.com today!
Located in Annapolis, Maryland, the Anne Arundel Eye Center offers comprehensive specialized ophthalmic exams as well as diagnostic pre and post-surgical eye care. Specializing in glaucoma and cataracts, Dr. Boles has helped restore and preserve thousands of patients’ vision.
For more eye care advice and information, please take a look at our previous blog posts.
You can also follow Anne Arundel Eye Center on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube as well!